PHPC's Mission & Vision
Our Mission: At Pleasant Hill, our mission statement is more than just a collection of flowery words. It serves as the backbone not only of what we believe, but also how we live as Christians. It's about relationships with each other and with the world outside the church doors. Quite simply put, life at Pleasant Hill includes:
- Embracing God's grace
- Seeking to live God's love revealed in Jesus Christ
- Participating in a supportive, accepting, nurturing community of faith
- Serving neighbors near and far
- Sharing leadership - women, men, youth, and children - as equal partners in ministry
Our Vision: PHPC is authentically known as a safe, challenging community, growing in the knowledge and love of God, following Christ through love for each other and all of God's children.
What Is A Presbyterian?
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), or PC(USA), is part of the Reformed tradition which finds its roots in the work of 16th century theologian John Calvin, one of the integral leaders of the Protestant Reformation. Presbyterians believe in the sovereignty of God over the Church and that God calls all people to serve. Anyone who is a Christian can be a Presbyterian and the Church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women alike. All that is required to be a Presbyterian is to:
- confess the Christian faith
- trust in Christ as our forgiving savior
- promise to follow Christ and Christ’s example for living
- commit oneself to attend church and to become involved in its work
For more information, please click below to visit Presbyterian USA and Presbytery of Greater Atlanta.